Call us at (866) 287-2425 for assistance.
Department of Transit Testing Certification & Training
Become A 'Certified Collector'
Spectrum Medical Diagnostics, Inc. now offers web-based DOT Regulated and Non-Regulated Drug Collector Training and Certification designed to comply with all corporate drug screening policies.
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulated urine specimen collections are an important part of employment and workplace screenings.
As a Certified Collector, through our drug and alcohol testing course, you can perform Department of Transit / and non-Department of Transit urine specimen collections for drug and alcohol testing, return-to-duty testing and more.
Our service and support programs offers organizations a more streamlined approach to training, ultimately lowering costs, maximizing efficiency for all parties involved and meldonium-mildronate best practices for drug & alcohol screening.
Contact us now to learn more, call at (866) 287-2425, or e-mail email@example.com
Department of Transit Compliant Training
Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT)
Course Description: This course prepares breath alcohol technicians to conduct breath tests in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Alcohol Testing Procedures Rule, 49 CFR Part 40, and industry standards.
This training includes procedural rules and manufacturer-specific evidential breath testing device proficiencies.
Compliant with the requirements of the Department of Transit, this course reviews all policies, regulations, and procedures regarding alcohol screening.
- BAT training includes the DOT rules and regulations as detailed in the government document 49 CFR Part 40, valid testing procedures, and the basic fundamentals of proficiency on the equipment being used.
- Lifeloc EBT Instrument Specific Training, including Calibration training.
- EBT methodology.
- Test preparation.
- Screening test procedure.
- Confirmation test procedure.
- Obstacles to completing a test.
- Disclosure of information and keeping records.
- Proficiency in the use of the EBT.
- The student equipment proficiency demonstration must be observed “live” by the BAT instructor via webcam.
- Refresher training is available (proof of current BAT certification is required).
Certified Professional Collector (CPC)
Course Description: Department of Transportation regulated certification training course on specimen collection.
Course participants will receive a Department of Transit certificate valid for 5 years.
- Specimen collection, handling, and specimen transfer ensuring error-free and challenge-proof.
- Understanding collection procedures, chain of custody requirements, and donor rights.
- Record keeping, collector responsibilities, and safety protocols per DOT regulations.
- Convenient web-based learning – learn at your own pace & fits easily into your busy schedule!
- Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Certified Professional Collector (CPC) certificate valid for 5 years!
- Convenient mock evaluations to suit your schedule.
Non-Regulated | Web-based | Complimentary Training
Course Description: One hour, web-based certification course for in-depth product training per manufacturers’ guidelines and recommendations.
Receive comprehensive instructions on correct use of all Spectrum MDX POCT products, including proper collection procedures. Courses are available by product format (e.g. round cup, split cup etc).
Course participants will receive a certificate upon completion of course.
- Product overview & handling.
- Step by step training on proper test collection & administration.
- Significance of cut off levels and drug interactions
- Test interpretation.
- Documentation of results.
Course Registration Form
If you are interested in signing up for our available courses, please fill out the following form with your name, your email, the course you are interested in taking, and any additional information you wish to provide.